Colosseum, Pantheon, Vatican & St. Peter’s With Transfer
You will begin the tour getting up close and personal with the world’s most famous amphitheater as your tour guide brings it to life, explaining its awe-inspiring structure and recreating the days when it was filled with the sounds of roaring animals, crowds and the clashing swords of gladiators.
Next, you will walk past the impressive ruins of the Roman Forum and visit the stunning Pantheon. Built by the Emperor Hadrian, this 2nd Century A.D. architectural marvel touts the world’s largest unsupported concrete dome, with an open oculus at its center. Almost entirely intact in its original form, the Pantheon is a working church today and a wonder to behold.
From the Pantheon, a driver with an air conditioned vehicle will pick you up and take you way across town to explore the world renowned Vatican museums and two of the most important churches in the world, the Sistine Chapel and St. Peter’s Basilica. You’re sure to be dazzled by the masterpieces of great artists like Michelangelo with his world-renowned ceiling, “Last Judgment” and Pieta, and Gian Lorenzo Bernini with his twirling bronze baldachin, tomb of Alexander VII, and the many other gorgeous embellishments with which he adorned the interior of St. Peter’s Basilica. During the whole visit, your guide will fill you in on the historic, religious and artistic significance of the works and structures, as well as, the stories of the artists themselves. At the end of the tour, the tour guide will take you to the official Vatican gift store, should you be interested in purchasing religious articles or Vatican products.
You will meet your tour guide at Via Tor de’ Conti 25-30, just outside the entrance of hotel Forum. The guide will hold a sign with the name “Exploro Tours” written on it.
- Skip the line entrance tickets
- Licensed Tour Guide
- Small group of 10 people or less
- Audio headsets to hear your guide
- Transfer with comfortable air conditioned vehicle from Pantheon to Vatican
- Optional gratuities
- Transfer to meeting point
- Transfer back to accommodation
What You'll Do
- After meeting with your tour guide, you'll skip the line to enter the Colosseum
- Explore the most important sections of the world's greatest amphitheater and walk past the Roman Forum
- Visit one of the most popular and best preserved Roman temples in the world: the Pantheon
- Driver will pick you up from the Pantheon and take you to the Vatican
- Explore the highlights of the world famous Vatican museums
- Learn how Michelangelo painted the gorgeous Sistine Chapel
- Visit the greatest and arguably holiest Catholic church in the world: St.Peter's Basilica
What To Remember
- It is strongly recommended to all visitors to arrive at the meeting point at least 10 minutes before tour departure. Guests arriving after tour departure cannot be accommodated and missed tours cannot be refunded.
- Comfortable shoes and clothing are recommended since this tour involves a fair amount of walking.
- Large bags and suitcases are not permitted inside the Colosseum and there is no deposit room to store them.
- This tour is not wheelchair-accessible.
- Liquids of any kind are not permitted inside the Colosseum.
- The tour operator is not responsible for last minute, unpredictable closures, strikes or union meetings. Nevertheless, the tour operator will be happy to offer customers an extended tour for the remaining time.
- The tour is free of charge for children under the age of 6.
- The Audio headsets will be provided only if there are minimum 8 people in the group.
- A dress code is required to enter places of worship and selected museums. No shorts or sleeveless tops allowed. Knees and shoulders MUST be covered for both men and women.