Full Day Tour: Colosseum, Roman Forum, Vatican With Transfers & Lunch
After the complimentary pick-up from your accommodation, you will visit the world’s largest amphitheatre with your “skip the line” ticket, which will allow you to access directly the metal detector control. Once inside, the tour guide will bring the Colosseum back to life by explaining how the gladiators entertained the crowds with spectacular fights. You will learn the complex engineering applied by the Romans to build, what is still considered, as the most technologically advanced, entertainment complex of its time. The guide will then take you to the second level of the Colosseum where you will enjoy the beautiful view of the arena and all of the seating areas.
After the Colosseum, you will proceed into the archaeological site of the Roman Forum which represented the commercial, legal and administrative center of Ancient Rome. You will literally feel as if you were brought back in time during the Imperial age of Rome. All of this, while strolling by the ruins of ancient temples and Roman mausoleums, such as the Roman senate and the original altar where Julius Caesar’s body was cremated.
From the Forum, an English-speaking driver will pick you up and take you way across town to explore the world renowned Vatican museums and two of the most important churches in the world: the Sistine Chapel and St. Peter’s Basilica. You’re sure to be dazzled by the masterpieces of great artists like Michelangelo with his world-renowned ceiling, “Last Judgment” and Pieta, and Gian Lorenzo Bernini with his twirling bronze baldachin, tomb of Alexander VII, and the many other gorgeous embellishments with which he adorned the interior of St. Peter’s Basilica.
At the end of the tour, the guide will take you to the official Vatican gift store where you will have some free time for shopping. Finally, you will reach the Roman restaurant where you will delight your palate with a delicious 2 course lunch including water.
At check-out, before your purchase is confirmed, you will be kindly asked to leave the written address of your accommodation or potential meeting point. This implies the name of the hotel, bed & breakfast or residence in which you will be staying as long as it is situated within the city centre. Such requirements are necessary for pick-up and private services only.
- Skip the line admission tickets for all attractions
- Licensed Tour Guide
- Small group of 10 people or less
- Audio headsets to hear your guide
- Pick-up transfer from accommodation to Colosseum in comfortable air-conditioned vehicle
- Transfer from Colosseum to Vatican
- 2 course lunch in traditional Roman restaurant
- Optional gratuities
- Extra food and drinks
- Transfer back to accommodation
What You'll Do
- Enjoy a complimentary pick-up transfer from your accommodation to the Colosseum
- Skip the line for the Colosseum with your pre-booked tickets
- Learn about the different gladiator fights and deadly games
- Walk by the arch of Constantine and enter the archaeological site of the Roman Forum
- Explore the highlights of the world famous Vatican museums
- Learn how Michelangelo painted the gorgeous Sistine Chapel
- Lastly, visit the largest Catholic church in the world: St.Peter's Basilica
- Enjoy a delicious 2 course lunch in a traditional Roman "trattoria"
What To Remember
- It is strongly recommended to all visitors to arrive at the meeting point at least 10 minutes before tour departure. Guests arriving after tour departure cannot be accommodated and missed tours cannot be refunded.
- Large bags and suitcases are not permitted inside the Colosseum and there is no deposit room to store them.
- This tour is not wheelchair-accessible.
- Liquids of any kind are not permitted inside the Colosseum.
- The tour operator is not responsible for last minute, unpredictable closures, strikes or union meetings. Nevertheless, the tour operator will be happy to offer customers an extended tour for the remaining time.
- The tour is free of charge for children under the age of 6.
- The Audio headsets will be provided only if there are minimum 8 people in the group.
- A dress code is required to enter places of worship and selected museums. No shorts or sleeveless tops allowed. Knees and shoulders MUST be covered for both men and women.