Colosseum & Roman Forum
This tour is ideal for those who want to discover Rome’s historical monuments; the tour will take you to the Colosseum and Roman Forum.
After your meeting with the guide in the designated meeting point, you will visit the world’s largest amphitheatre with your “skip the line” ticket, which will allow you to access directly the metal detector control. Once inside, the tour guide will bring the Colosseum back to life by explaining how the gladiators entertained the crowds with spectacular fights and show you the complex engineering, applied by the ancient Romans, to build such an imposing structure ahead of its time. The guide will then take you to the second level of the Colosseum where you will enjoy the beautiful view of the arena and all of the seating areas. This includes the spot where the emperor sat with his family and the specially reserved marble seats for the Roman senators.
The tour will be conducted in a small and intimate group of maximum 10 people since we don’t want to make our clients feel uncomfortable in big groups.
After the Colosseum, you will proceed into the archaeological site of the Roman Forum which represented the commercial, legal and administrative center of Ancient Rome. You will literally feel as if you were brought back in time during the Imperial age of Rome. All of this, while walking by ruins of ancient temples and Roman mausoleums, such as the original altar where Julius Caesar’s body was cremated, the imposing temple of Antonino and Faustina and the fascinating structure of the ancient Roman senate.
You will meet your tour guide at Via Tor de’ Conti 25-30, just outside the entrance of hotel Forum. The guide will hold a sign with the name “Exploro Tours” written on it.
- Skip the line entrance tickets
- Licensed Tour Guide
- Small group of 10 people or less
- Audio headsets to hear your guide
- Optional gratuities
What You'll Do
- Skip the line for Colosseum and Roman Forum
- Explore the most beautiful sections of the world's greatest amphitheater
- Enjoy the view from the second ring of the Colosseum
- Learn about the different gladiator fights and deadly games
- Walk by the arch of Constantine
- Walk through the highlights of the Roman Forum archaeological site
- Visit the mausoleum of Julius Caesar in the Forum
- Visit the ancient Roman Senate
What To Remember
- It is strongly recommended to all visitors to arrive at the meeting point at least 10 minutes before tour departure. Guests arriving after tour departure cannot be accommodated and missed tours cannot be refunded.
- Comfortable shoes and clothing are recommended since this tour involves a fair amount of walking.
- Large bags and suitcases are not permitted inside the Colosseum and there is no deposit room to store them.
- This tour is not wheelchair-accessible.
- Liquids of any kind are not permitted inside the Colosseum.
- The tour operator is not responsible for last minute, unpredictable closures, strikes or union meetings. Nevertheless, the tour operator will be happy to offer customers an extended tour for the remaining time.
- The tour is free of charge for children under the age of 6.
- The Audio headsets will be provided only if there are minimum 8 people in the group.