Exclusive Tour of The Vatican Mosaic Studio Inside Vatican City
A must for art lovers and collectors; this exclusive experience is designed to give our elite clientele the opportunity to bring home the ultimate memento from their Roman holiday.
Located inside the walls of Vatican City and not open to the general public, the Studio del Mosaico della Reverenda Fabbrica di S. Pietro (Official Mosaic Studio of St. Peter’s) was founded in the mid-1500s for the creation of the ten thousand square meters of mosaics that adorn the interior of St. Peter’s Basilica. Centuries later, the Studio’s experts still oversee the care and restoration of these mosaics. The Studio continues to create and issue the world’s finest mosaics – renowned for their exquisite beauty and the quality of their craftsmanship – both for the Pope who gives them as gifts during official visits and for private customers and collectors from around the world. We’ll gain special entrance into Vatican City, tour the Mosaic Studio, meet its experts and learn all about the history and production of the world’s preeminent mosaic workshop. This tour is ideal for art lovers, collectors and those celebrating special occasions because you’ll have the opportunity to purchase one of these precious, one-of-a-kind masterpieces to commemorate your trip. Personal checks and credit cards accepted (except American Express). Shipping and insurance covered by the Vatican.
At check-out, before your purchase is confirmed, you will be kindly asked to leave the written address of your accommodation or potential meeting point. This implies the name of the hotel, bed & breakfast or residence in which you will be staying as long as it is situated within the city centre. Such requirements are necessary for pick-up and private services only.
- VIP round-trip transfer with private luxury transportation
- Private licensed Tour Guide
- Exclusive entrance to the Vatican city
- Complimentary bottles of water
- Optional gratuities
What You'll Do
- Meet and greet with private driver and drive towards the Vatican
- Meet your private tour guide in St. Peter's square
- Walk through the Vatican entrance protected by the Swiss guards and enter the Vatican city
- Enjoy a beautiful walk around the Vatican city, normally closed to the public, as you approach the Mosaic studio
- Admire an official mosaic studio artist work his magic in front of you
- Learn about the different techniques involved in this prestigious art
- Explore the Mosaic galleries and hear the stories behind its greatest masterpieces
- Free time to purchase one of the gorgeous mosaics
- Drop off back at the hotel
What To Remember
- The driver will meet you at the start time and location you have indicated and will wait for a maximum of 30 minutes. Missed tours cannot be refunded.
- A dress code is required to enter places of worship and selected museums. No shorts or sleeveless tops allowed. Knees and shoulders MUST be covered for both men and women.
- This tour is not wheelchair-accessible.
- The tour operator is not responsible for last minute, unpredictable closures, strikes or union meetings. Nevertheless, the tour operator will be happy to offer customers an extended tour for the remaining time.
- The tour is free of charge for children under the age of 6.
- Clients must bring their passports or other valid government-issued identification.