Papal Audience Experience With Pick-Up
When in Rome what better experience to have then a once in a lifetime audience with Pope Francis himself? Since his election, Pope Francis has earned a reputation for interacting more with the crowds who come to see him than any pope before him. As a result, the popularity of his Papal Audiences has risen dramatically. People from all over the world, traveling to Rome to visit the Vatican City and the pope, crowds can get as large as 100,000 people. Papal Audiences have become a spirited event with gathered crowds encouraged to pray and sing along. Attending this energetic display of faith is a moving event not to be missed by any visitor in Rome.
After being picked up and taken to meet the tour operator assistant in St. Peter’s square, so that you can bring a piece of the experience home with you, the assistant will bring you to the official Vatican Gift store where you can purchase religious items to be blessed by the Holy Father during the ceremony. He will then walk you inside St. Peter’s square, which is where the audience takes place, hand over your audience tickets to the Vatican guards and secure for you the best available seats in the VIP seating area. Before the ceremony begins, you will receive an introduction on the history and traditions of the Papacy.
We do not suggest visiting the Vatican Museums and Sistine Chapel immediately after the audience due to crowds, however we will have tours available later in the day. Please note that St. Peter’s Basilica will not be open prior to the audience.
Clients presenting the voucher of this tour at checkout, will receive a 10% discount on all Vatican gift shop purchases (with the exception of stamps, coins, postcards, and books).
At check-out, before your purchase is confirmed, you will be kindly asked to leave the written address of your accommodation or potential meeting point. This implies the name of the hotel, bed & breakfast or residence in which you will be staying as long as it is situated within the city centre. Such requirements are necessary for pick-up and private services only.
- English-speaking assistant
- Small group of 10 people or less
- Exclusive Papal audience tickets
- Pick-up transfer to St. Peter's square in comfortable air-conditioned vehicle
- Optional gratuities
- Transfer back to accommodation
What You'll Do
- Meet and greet with professional driver at your accommodation
- Drive in a comfortable air conditioned vehicle to St. Peter's square
- Walk inside the official Vatican gift store
- The tour assistant will walk you inside St. Peter's square and accommodate you in the best available seats
- Receive a short introduction on the importance of Papal audiences and ceremonies
- Enjoy the Papal audience experience with Pope Francis!
What To Remember
- Please allow 5-10 minutes of waiting time in case of traffic since other people will be joining the tour. Missed tours cannot be refunded.
- The tour operator is not responsible for last minute, unpredictable closures, strikes or union meetings. Nevertheless, the tour operator will be happy to offer customers an extended tour for the remaining time.
- The tour is free of charge for children under the age of 6.