Private Chianti Wine Tour From Florence
Join our knowledgeable and entertaining wine tasting experience as we eat and drink our way through Chianti. Renowned not only for its superb red wines, fresh local produce and traditional cuisine, Chianti also boasts some of Italy’s most gorgeous landscapes, sprinkled with vineyards, villages and medieval castles. The perfect day trip from Florence! Experience the best parts of the region while we treat you to its award-winning wines.
You’ll be picked up from your accommodation, by one of our English-speaking drivers, and from there you will enjoy a relaxing and fascinating day trip through the beautiful Tuscany countryside with its rolling hills and immense vineyards. Once in the Chianti wine region, your first stop will be in Radda in Chianti; a small and picturesque medieval town located on top of a hill with breathtaking landscape views of vineyards and rich vegetation. Take some free time to walk the streets of this little Italian gem and visit the local attractions such as: the perfectly preserved medieval walls that date from the 15th century and the local artisan shops with their typical culinary products.
After the quick visit to Radda, you will drive to another popular destination in the wine region called Panzano in Chianti. Just like its “sister” Radda, Panzano is located exactly halfway between Florence and Siena and it’s famous in Italy for hosting an annual wine festival called “Vino al vino”, where wineries from all over the country present their best products. Here, you’ll also have some free time to explore the beautiful ancient town that offers incredible sights like: the castle of Panzano and the church of Santa Maria built in the 13th century. We strongly recommend to stroll around the main square and enjoy tasting some local produce in one of its most traditional wine bars. Your driver will be happy to suggest the main attractions or wine bars to visit.
The last stop is in Greve in Chianti town where you will enjoy the wine tasting experience with local cheese and other specialties. After tasting 3 different award-winning wines, you will enjoy lunch in one of the best known restaurants of Chianti with a 2 course meal including water.
Start time: 9:30 am, 10:00 am
At check-out, before your purchase is confirmed, you will be kindly asked to leave the written address of your accommodation or potential meeting point. This implies the name of the hotel, bed & breakfast or residence in which you will be staying as long as it is situated within the city centre. Such requirements are necessary for pick-up and private services only.
- Private English-speaking driver at your complete disposal
- 3 stops in wine region (Radda, Panzano and Greve in Chianti)
- 3 premium wines included in the wine tasting
- Local snacks to go with wine tasting
- 2-course meal lunch in traditional restaurant
- Complimentary bottled water
- Extra food and drinks
- Optional gratuities
What You'll Do
- Meet and greet with private driver at your accommodation
- Drive through the gorgeous Tuscan countryside to Chianti wine region
- Explore on your own the beautiful medieval town of Radda in Chianti
- Visit the ancient medieval fortress in Panzano and Santa Maria church
- Drive to Greve in Chianti town where you will enjoy the wine tasting experience
- Enjoy lunch in one of the most awarded restaurants of the Chianti region
- Transfer back to Florence
What To Remember
- The driver will meet you at the start time and location you have indicated and will wait for a maximum of 30 minutes. Missed tours cannot be refunded.
- Comfortable shoes and clothing are recommended since this tour involves a fair amount of walking.
- Please remember to contact us should you need wheelchair facility.
- The tour operator is not responsible for last minute, unpredictable closures, strikes or union meetings. Nevertheless, the tour operator will be happy to offer customers an extended tour for the remaining time.
- The tour is free of charge for children under the age of 6.