Private Early Morning Vatican Tour With Hotel Pick-Up
This tour allows you to enjoy an infinite number of masterpieces like Michelangelo’s “Pietà” and Raphael’s “School of Athens”. All this with absolute calm and peace without being stressed out by huge crowds pushing you around during normal visiting hours. Imagine walking through these magnificently adorned halls without the noise of hundreds of bustling tourists, and only 10% of the usual crowds present; It’s almost like having the place to yourself.
After the complimentary pick-up from your accommodation, you will skip the long lines, with your early morning admission ticket, and access directly the metal detector control. The tour will begin in a gorgeous panoramic terrace that offers a stunning view of St. Peter’s dome overlooking the Vatican gardens; the perfect spot to take a great picture! Your private guide will then walk you through all the highlights of the museums which include masterpieces and artifacts from different cultures and civilizations.
You will visit the Pio Clementine museum, famous for its unique Greek/Roman ancient statues such as the Laocoon group. You will gasp at the length of the enormous Tapestry Hall, then, through the Hall of the Painted Maps, you will enter the Sistine Chapel whose impact in history, religion and visual arts has no equal in the world.
At last, through a special door, available only if accompanied by a licensed tour guide, you will reach the largest Catholic church in the world: St. Peter’s Basilica. Once you enter, the greatness of the structure and care of details will overwhelm you. This is where Michelangelo’s sculpture “Pieta” is kept and the tombs of the popes including St. John Paul II’s and St. Peter the Apostle.
At check-out, before your purchase is confirmed, you will be kindly asked to leave the written address of your accommodation or potential meeting point. This implies the name of the hotel, bed & breakfast or residence in which you will be staying as long as it is situated within the city centre. Such requirements are necessary for pick-up and private services only.
- Licensed Tour Guide
- Private tour
- Special tickets for early morning entrance
- Transfer to Vatican in luxury air-conditioned vehicle
- Complimentary bottled water
- Audio headsets to hear your guide
- Optional gratuities
- Transfer back to accommodation
English, Italian, Spanish, French, Russian, German, Portuguese
What You'll Do
- Meet the driver in your selected meeting point and drive to the Vatican museums
- Be one of the first visitors inside the empty museums before normal opening hours
- Learn about some of the most popular ancient Greek sculptures
- Walk through the gallery of the beautiful Flemish tapestries
- Enter and gasp at the unique beauty of the Sistine Chapel
- Finally, enter the largest Catholic church in the world: St. Peter's Basilica
What To Remember
- The tour guide will meet you at the start time and location you have indicated and will wait for a maximum of 30 minutes. Missed tours cannot be refunded.
- Comfortable shoes and clothing are recommended since this tour involves a fair amount of walking.
- Please remember to inform us if a member of your party needs wheelchair access.
- Remember to bring with you a bottle of water.
- The tour operator is not responsible for last minute, unpredictable closures, strikes or union meetings. Nevertheless, the tour operator will be happy to offer customers an extended tour for the remaining time.
- The tour is free of charge for children under the age of 6.
- The Audio headsets will be provided only if there are minimum 8 people in the group.
- A dress code is required to enter places of worship and selected museums. No shorts or sleeveless tops allowed. Knees and shoulders MUST be covered for both men and women.