Private Pompeii & Sorrento With Limoncello Tasting From Rome
After the complimentary pick-up from your accommodation, you will enjoy a picturesque 2 hours drive along the Tyrrhenian coast to Pompeii and there, with a private art historian guide, you will visit what is considered as Europe’s most important archaeological site. This UNESCO World Heritage site was once a seaside resort and party-town for ancient Romans until tragedy struck one fateful April day in 79 AD, when Mount Vesuvius famously erupted, burying the city, seaside and surrounding the whole area in volcanic ash.
Pompeii was then lost to the world for over a millennium and a half until its ruins were first discovered in 1599, and then rediscovered 150 years later. Pompeii’s artifacts and remaining frescoes, mosaics, and structures give us an incredible insight into what life was like during the late Republic and early Roman Empire.
After the tour, your private driver will take you on a beautiful 1 hour drive, along the gulf of Naples, all the way to Sorrento where you will have free time to stop for lunch. The driver and tour assistant will be happy to suggest you some of the best and most awarded restaurants in the area.
Sorrento is a charming town, known for its high quality hand craft products (especially limoncello) as well as its spectacular views across the bay of Naples towards the city and further towards Mt. Vesuvius. The architecture is very picturesque with its numerous terracotta colored buildings, facing the vertiginous cliffs and the busy narrow streets reviving the atmosphere.
After your visit, the driver will take you to one of our favourite bars to enjoy a delicious limoncello tasting with local pastries!
At check-out, before your purchase is confirmed, you will be kindly asked to leave the written address of your accommodation or potential meeting point. This implies the name of the hotel, bed & breakfast or residence in which you will be staying as long as it is situated within the city centre. Such requirements are necessary for pick-up and private services only.
- Skip the line entrance tickets for Pompeii
- Private Tour Guide for Pompeii walking tour (2 hours)
- Round trip transfers from Rome to Pompeii/Sorrento and back
- Private English speaking driver with luxury vehicle at your disposal for the entire tour
- Tour assistant
- Limoncello tasting with local pastries
- Optional gratuities
- Lunch or snacks
What You'll Do
- Enjoy a complimentary pick-up from your accommodation and drive South towards Pompeii
- Skip the line for Pompeii with your pre-booked tickets
- Walk through the ruins of the Forum and feel like travelling back in time
- Visit the enchanting Villa of the Mysteries with its well preserved ancient frescoes
- Walk inside the famous amphitheater where they held ancient games to entertain the crowds
- After the Pompeii tour, enjoy a beautiful drive along the gulf of Naples to Sorrento
- Visit the unique "Vallone dei Mulini" with its ancient wheat mill surrounded by extraordinary vegetation!
- Explore the gorgeous town, stop for shopping and taste some delicious limoncello!
- Drop off back to Rome
What To Remember
- The driver will meet you at the start time and location you have indicated and will wait for a maximum of 30 minutes. Missed tours cannot be refunded.
- This tour is not wheelchair-accessible.
- Comfortable shoes and clothing are recommended since this tour involves a fair amount of walking.
- Remember to bring with you a bottle of water.
- The tour operator is not responsible for last minute, unpredictable closures, strikes or union meetings. Nevertheless, the tour operator will be happy to offer customers an extended tour for the remaining time.
- The tour is free of charge for children under the age of 6.