Private Tour Of Colosseum & Roman Forum
This tailor-made tour is ideal for those who want to discover Rome’s historical monuments with a private tour guide! The tour will take you to the Colosseum and Roman Forum.
After the complimentary pick-up from your accommodation, you will visit the world’s largest amphitheatre with your “skip the line” ticket, which will allow you to access directly the metal detector control. Once inside, the guide will bring the Colosseum back to life by explaining how the gladiators entertained the crowds with spectacular fights. You will learn the complex engineering applied by the Romans to build, what is still considered, as the most technologically advanced entertainment complex of its time. The guide will then take you to the second level of the Colosseum where you will enjoy the beautiful view of the arena and all of the seating areas. This includes the exact spot where the emperor enjoyed the shows with his family and the specially reserved marble seats for the Roman senators.
After the Colosseum, walking by the beautifully preserved arch of emperor Constantine, you will proceed into the archaeological site of the Roman Forum, which represented the commercial, legal and administrative center of ancient Rome. You will literally feel as if you were brought back in time during the Imperial age of Rome. All of this, while walking by ancient ruins such as Julius Caesar’s original mausoleum where his body was cremated, the imposing temple of Antonino and Faustina and the fascinating structure of the ancient Roman senate.
Start Time: 10:30am, 11:30 am, 3:00pm
At check-out, before your purchase is confirmed, you will be kindly asked to leave the written address of your accommodation or potential meeting point. This implies the name of the hotel, bed & breakfast or residence in which you will be staying as long as it is situated within the city centre. Such requirements are necessary for pick-up and private services only.
- Skip the line admission tickets
- Licensed tour guide
- Private tour
- Pickup transfer from accommodation to Colosseum with luxury transportation
- Audio headsets to hear your guide
- Complimentary bottled water
- Transfer back to accommodation
- Optional gratuities
English, Italian, Spanish, French, Russian, German, Portuguese
What You'll Do
- Meet your private driver in the meeting point you have indicated
- Drive in a comfortable air-conditioned vehicle to the Colosseum
- Skip the line for Colosseum and Roman Forum
- Learn about the different gladiator fights and deadly games
- Walk through the highlights of the Roman Forum archaeological site
- Visit Julius Caesar's mausoleum in the Roman Forum
- Visit the ancient Roman Senate
What To Remember
- The private driver or tour guide will meet you at the start time and location you have indicated and will wait for a maximum of 30 minutes. Missed tours cannot be refunded.
- To avoid the long line for security check inside the Colosseum, it is important that you are on time for the pickup.
- Comfortable shoes and clothing are recommended since this tour involves a fair amount of walking.
- Large bags and suitcases are not permitted inside the Colosseum and there is no deposit room to store them.
- Please remember to inform us if a member of your party needs wheelchair access.
- Liquids of any kind are not permitted inside the Colosseum.
- The tour operator is not responsible for last minute, unpredictable closures, strikes or union meetings. Nevertheless, the tour operator will be happy to offer customers an extended tour for the remaining time.
- The tour is free of charge for children under the age of 6.