Private Tour of Uffizi & Basilica Of Santa Croce
The Uffizi Gallery and Basilica of Santa Croce are undoubtedly two of Florence’s must-see attractions. The world famous Uffizi gets its name from the old Florentine word for offices, as it once housed the city’s Administrative Offices, Tribunal and Archive. Today it holds the bulk of the Medici’s private art collection bequeathed to the people of Florence upon the death of the last member of the Medici line.
With its breathtaking works by Botticelli, Lippi, Michelangelo, Raphael, Leonardo de Vinci and Caravaggio, just to name a few, it’s not hard to see why the Uffizi Gallery is one of Florence’s most popular museums. Yet it’s sheer scale and long lines can leave visitors frustrated and overwhelmed. Not to worry! With our exclusive tour service, you’ll skip the lines and your private tour guide will steer you to all the most important works, detailing their individual histories and significance.
After exploring this unparalleled collection you’ll venture into the world’s largest Franciscan church, the Basilica of Santa Croce. The basilica’s interior possesses great artistic wealth with Giotto and Donatello being among its contributors. Yet, Santa Croce is best known for the many talented people buried there, and for whom it has been given the nickname the “Temple of the Glories”. Galileo, Machiavelli and Michelangelo are among its eternal residents. Join us for an unforgettable adventure into the lives and works of some of Florence’s most fascinating characters.
Start time: 11:00 am, 3:00 pm
At check-out, before your purchase is confirmed, you will be kindly asked to leave the written address of your accommodation or potential meeting point. This implies the name of the hotel, bed & breakfast or residence in which you will be staying as long as it is situated within the city centre. Such requirements are necessary for pick-up and private services only.
- Licensed Tour Guide
- Private tour
- Skip the line admission tickets
- Audio headsets to hear the guide clearly
- Optional gratuities
English, Italian, Spanish, French
What You'll Do
- Meet your tour guide in the meeting point you have indicated when purchasing the tour
- Skip the line for the Uffizi Gallery
- Discover the beautiful art collection of the de' Medici family in a 2 hours tour experience
- Visit the room dedicated to artist Botticelli where you will admire two of his greatest works: "Allegory of Spring" and "Birth of Venus".
- Admire the only finished panel painting by a mature Michelangelo to survive: the "Tondo Doni"
- After visiting the Uffizi, walk to the overwhelming Basilica of Santa Croce
- Explore the largest Franciscan church in the world with decorations of Giotto as well as the tombs of Michelangelo and Galileo
What To Remember
- The tour guide will meet you at the start time and location you have indicated and will wait for a maximum of 30 minutes. Missed tours cannot be refunded.
- Comfortable shoes and clothing are recommended since this tour involves a fair amount of walking.
- Remember to bring with you a bottle of water.
- Please remember to inform us if a member of your party needs wheelchair access.
- The tour operator is not responsible for last minute, unpredictable closures, strikes or union meetings. Nevertheless, the tour operator will be happy to offer customers an extended tour for the remaining time.
- The tour is free of charge for children under the age of 6.