Private Tour of Vatican Museums & St. Peter’s Basilica
This tour allows you to enjoy an infinite number of masterpieces like Michelangelo’s “Pietà” and “Last Judgment”, gorgeous works by Bernini, Raphael, Botticelli, Perugino and other treasures all incredibly united under the roof of the world renowned Vatican museums. The numerous popes that have lived in the Vatican, continuously enriched it with different art works but the unmissable ceiling of the Sistine Chapel and its sublime ‘Last Judgment” by Michelangelo, are surely the real attraction.
After the complimentary pick-up from your accommodation, your private English-speaking driver will take you to the usually packed museum entrance, where, skipping the check-in line, you will access directly the metal detector check. After security, your private tour guide will take you to a panoramic terrace that offers a stunning view of St. Peter’s dome overlooking the Vatican gardens.
In the museums, you will admire the most beautiful Roman ancient statues, you will gasp at the length of the enormous Tapestry Hall, then through the Hall of the Painted Maps, you will enter the Sistine Chapel whose impact in history, religion and visual arts has no equal in the world.
At last, through a special door available only if accompanied by a licensed tour guide, you will reach the largest Catholic church in the world: St. Peter’s Basilica. Once you enter, the greatness of the structure and care of details will overwhelm you. This is where Michelangelo’s sculpture “Pieta” is kept and the tombs of the popes including St. John Paul II’s and St. Peter the Apostle.
After the tour ends, for those interested in purchasing religious articles or official Vatican products, the tour guide will take you to the official Vatican gift store and eventually show you the nearest taxi station to arrange transportation back.
Start time: 9:00am, 9:30am, 10:00am, 10:30am, 11:00am, 11:30am, 12:00pm, 2:00pm, 2:30pm, 3:00pm
At check-out, before your purchase is confirmed, you will be kindly asked to leave the written address of your accommodation or potential meeting point. This implies the name of the hotel, bed & breakfast or residence in which you will be staying as long as it is situated within the city centre. Such requirements are necessary for pick-up and private services only.
- Licensed Tour Guide
- Private tour with your own tour guide
- Skip the line admission tickets
- Private pick-up transfer to Vatican museums with English-speaking driver and luxury transportation
- Complimentary bottled water
- Transfer back to accommodation
- Optional gratuities
- Audio headsets
English, Italian, Spanish, French, Russian, German, Portuguese, Chinese
What You'll Do
- Meet your private driver in the meeting point you have indicated on the reservation
- Drive in a comfortable air-conditioned vehicle to the Vatican museums
- Enjoy the view of St.Peter's dome and Vatican gardens from a panoramic terrace
- Walk through the highlights of the Vatican museums
- Learn about some of the most popular ancient Roman sculptures
- Walk through the gallery of the beautiful Flemish tapestries
- Enter and gasp at the unique beauty of the Sistine Chapel
- Finally, visit the largest Catholic church in the world: St. Peter's Basilica
- Your private tour guide will then take you to the official Vatican gift shop
What To Remember
- The driver or tour guide will meet you at the start time and location you have indicated and will wait for a maximum of 30 minutes. Missed tours cannot be refunded.
- Please remember to inform us if a member of your party needs wheelchair access.
- Comfortable shoes and clothing are recommended since this tour involves a fair amount of walking.
- Remember to bring with you a bottle of water.
- The tour operator is not responsible for last minute, unpredictable closures, strikes or union meetings. Nevertheless, the tour operator will be happy to offer customers an extended tour for the remaining time.
- The tour is free of charge for children under the age of 6.
- A dress code is required to enter places of worship and selected museums. No shorts or sleeveless tops allowed. Knees and shoulders MUST be covered for both men and women.