Private Chianti Wine Tour Experience and Florence Highlights
You’ll begin your private tour at “Piazza della Signoria” named after the Signoria of Florence, the city’s former ruling body. This piazza has been a focal point of governmental, social, artistic and even religious activity for centuries. Your expert guide will recount the dramas that have taken place within the square itself and will introduce you to the Palazzo Vecchio, the Loggia dei Lanzi and the other important buildings sitting along its edges. From here, you’ll walk past the medieval “old bridge” to the magnificent Duomo, the Basilica Santa Maria del Fiore (Saint Mary of the Flowers). With its massive yet elegant red-brick dome, designed by Brunelleschi in the 15th century, this basilica undoubtedly forms the most iconic silhouette of the Florentine skyline. Admire its architectural magnificence while your private tour guide relays the amusing tales of its designers and their work.
After experiencing the highlights of Florence, you’ll be picked up, by one of our English-speaking drivers, and taken to Chianti for a delicious wine tasting experience.
Your first stop will be in Radda in Chianti; a small and picturesque medieval town located on top of a hill with breathtaking landscape views of vineyards and rich vegetation. Take some free time to walk the streets of this little Italian gem and visit the local attractions such as the medieval walls that date back to the 15th century and the local artisan shops with their typical culinary products.
After the quick visit to Radda, you will drive to another popular destination in the wine region called Panzano in Chianti. Just like its “sister” Radda, Panzano is located exactly halfway between Florence and Siena and it’s famous in Italy for hosting an annual wine festival called “Vino al vino”, where wineries from all over the country present their best products.
The last stop is in Greve in Chianti town where you will enjoy the wine tasting experience with local cheese and other specialties. After tasting 4 different award-winning wines, you will enjoy lunch in one of the best known restaurants of Chianti with a 2 course meal including water.
Start time: 8:30 am, 9:00 am, 9:30 am
You will meet your tour guide beside the fountain of Neptune in piazza della Signoria (Signoria square). The tour guide will hold a sign with the name “Exploro Tours” written on it.
- Private tour guide for Florence walking tour
- Professional English-speaking driver at your disposal
- Roundtrip transfers with luxury transportation to wine region and back to Florence
- Wine tasting with 4 different premium wines
- Local snacks to go with wine tasting
- 2-course lunch including water
- Optional gratuities
- Extra food and drinks
What You'll Do
- Meet and greet with your private tour guide in piazza della Signoria
- Let the guide inform you on the history behind the 13th century building "Palazzo Vecchio"
- Walk beside the medieval "Old bridge" famous for its traditional jewelry shops
- Visit the breathtaking Duomo of Florence (Basilica of Santa Maria del Fiore)
- Drive through the beautiful Tuscan countryside to Montepulciano in a luxury air conditioned vehicle
- Explore the medieval city by foot as well as its beautiful churches and castles
- Enjoy an incredible wine tasting experience in one of the most important wine cellars of the world!
- Delight your palate with delicious snacks to go with your wine, including a typical Florentine lunch
What To Remember
- The tour guide will meet you at the start time and location shown in the meeting point section and will wait for a maximum of 30 minutes. Missed tours cannot be refunded.
- Comfortable shoes and clothing are recommended since this tour involves a fair amount of walking.
- Please remember to inform us if you need wheelchair facility.
- The tour operator is not responsible for last minute, unpredictable closures, strikes or union meetings. Nevertheless, the tour operator will be happy to offer customers an extended tour for the remaining time.
- The tour is free of charge for children under the age of 6.