Private Tuscany Wine Tour and Florence Highlights
You’ll begin your private tour at “Piazza della Signoria” named after the Signoria of Florence, the city’s former ruling body. This piazza has been a focal point of governmental, social, artistic and even religious activity for centuries. Your expert guide will recount the dramas that have taken place within the square itself and will introduce you to the Palazzo Vecchio, the Loggia dei Lanzi and the other important buildings sitting along its edges.
From here you’ll walk past the medieval “old bridge” to the magnificent Duomo, the Basilica Santa Maria del Fiore (Saint Mary of the Flowers). With its massive yet elegant red-brick dome, designed by Brunelleschi in the 15th century, this basilica undoubtedly forms the most iconic silhouette of the Florentine skyline. Admire its architectural magnificence while your private tour guide relays the amusing tales of its designers and their work.
After experiencing the highlights of Florence, you’ll be picked up by one of our English-speaking drivers and taken to the gorgeous Tuscan countryside. Passing through the old medieval town of Chianciano, today a famous international Spa resort, you will reach the historical center of Montepulciano. You will be given time to explore at your leisure the cobblestoned streets, to admire noble residences, medieval churches, fortifications and City Hall square with the high bell tower, the symbol of the town. Visit the courtyard and Palazzo Ricci, the work of the architect Baldassarre Peruzzi.
Lunch and wine tasting is held inside a gorgeous ancient wine cellar called “de’Ricci”, housing oak barrels filled with thousands of litres of the very best Nobile wine. This special place has been described by “Bella Italia” magazine as the most beautiful wine cellar in the world. Here, you will begin delighting your tastebuds with a sampling of the region’s artisan salamis and cheeses. Then you’ll be served the region’s famous pici pasta, made in-house with a side of salad made fresh from local produce. Finally you’ll taste four different world renowned wines including the world class Vino Nobile di Montepulciano.
After lunch and wine tasting, you will have the opportunity to buy wines directly from the producer, skipping all intermediaries, which can be shipped anywhere in the world.
Start time: 8:30 am, 9:00 am, 9:30 am
You will meet your tour guide beside the fountain of Neptune in piazza della Signoria (Signoria square). The tour guide will hold a sign with the name “Exploro Tours” written on it.
- Private tour guide for Florence walking tour
- Professional English-speaking driver at your disposal
- Round-trip with luxury air-conditioned vehicle to wine region and back to Florence
- Wine tasting with 4 different premium wines
- Local snacks to go with wine tasting
- 2-course lunch including water
- Optional gratuities
- Extra food and drinks
What You'll Do
- Meet and greet with your private tour guide in piazza della Signoria
- Let the guide inform you on the history behind the 13th century building "Palazzo Vecchio"
- Walk beside the medieval "Old bridge" famous for its traditional jewelry shops
- Visit the breathtaking Duomo of Florence (Basilica of Santa Maria del Fiore)
- Drive through the beautiful Tuscan countryside to Montepulciano in a luxury air conditioned vehicle
- Explore the medieval city by foot as well as its beautiful churches and castles
- Enjoy an incredible wine tasting experience in one of the most important wine cellars of the world!
- Delight your palate with delicious snacks to go with your wine, including a typical Florentine lunch
What To Remember
- The tour guide will meet you at the start time and location shown in the meeting point section and will wait for a maximum of 30 minutes. Missed tours cannot be refunded.
- Comfortable shoes and clothing are recommended since this tour involves a fair amount of walking.
- Please remember to inform us if you need wheelchair facility.
- The tour operator is not responsible for last minute, unpredictable closures, strikes or union meetings. Nevertheless, the tour operator will be happy to offer customers an extended tour for the remaining time.
- The tour is free of charge for children under the age of 6.