Private Vatican By Night With Hotel Pick-Up
This tailor-made tour allows you to enjoy an infinite number of masterpieces like Michelangelo’s “Pietà” and Raphael’s “School of Athens”. All of this with absolute calm and peace without being stressed out by huge crowds pushing you around during normal visiting hours. You will have the incredible opportunity of visiting the Vatican museums at night when just 5% of the usual crowds will be present. Walk through the highlights of the various galleries under warm lighting and learn from your guide all of the stories that belong to some of the greatest artists and their masterpieces.
Numerous popes that have lived in the Vatican, continuously enriched it with different art works but the unmissable ceiling of the Sistine Chapel and its sublime ‘Last Judgment” by Michelangelo, are surely the real attraction.
In the museums, you will walk through the most beautiful Roman statues, admire the architecture of the richly decorated galleries, gasp at the length of the enormous Tapestry Hall, then, through the Hall of the Painted Maps, you will enter the Sistine Chapel whose impact in history, religion and visual arts has no equal in the world.
At check-out, before your purchase is confirmed, you will be kindly asked to leave the written address of your accommodation or potential meeting point. This implies the name of the hotel, bed & breakfast or residence in which you will be staying as long as it is situated within the city centre. Such requirements are necessary for pick-up and private services only.
- Licensed Tour Guide
- Private tour
- Skip the line entrance tickets
- Exclusive night admission
- Pick-up transfer to Vatican in comfortable air conditioned vehicle
- Optional gratuities
- Transfer back to accommodation
English, Spanish, Italian, French
What You'll Do
- Meet the driver in your selected meeting point and drive to the Vatican museums
- Privileged entrance to the Vatican museums at night
- Enjoy the view of St.Peter's dome and Vatican gardens from the panoramic terrace
- Walk through the highlights of the Vatican museums
- Learn about some of the most popular ancient Greek and Roman sculptures
- Walk through the gallery of the beautiful Flemish tapestries
- Enter and gasp at the unique beauty of the Sistine Chapel
- At the end of the tour, your guide will show you where to get transportation back
What To Remember
- Please allow 5-10 minutes of waiting time in case of traffic since other people will be joining the tour. Missed tours cannot be refunded.
- Comfortable shoes and clothing are recommended since this tour involves a fair amount of walking.
- Remember to bring with you a bottle of water.
- The tour operator is not responsible for last minute, unpredictable closures, strikes or union meetings. Nevertheless, the tour operator will be happy to offer customers an extended tour for the remaining time.
- The tour is free of charge for children under the age of 6.
- A dress code is required to enter places of worship and selected museums. No shorts or sleeveless tops allowed. Knees and shoulders MUST be covered for both men and women.
- This tour is not wheelchair-accessible.