Vatican Museums & St.Peter’s Basilica
This tour allows you to enjoy an infinite number of masterpieces like Michelangelo’s “Pietà” and “Last Judgment”, gorgeous works by Bernini, Raphael, Botticelli, Perugino and other treasures all incredibly united under the roof of the world renowned Vatican museums. The numerous popes that have lived in the Vatican, continuously enriched it with different art works but the unmissable ceiling of the Sistine Chapel and its sublime ‘Last Judgment” by Michelangelo, are surely the real attraction.
After meeting with your tour guide, you will reach the usually packed museum entrance, where, skipping the check-in line, you will enter the museums through a panoramic terrace where a stunning vision of Saint Peter’s dome overlooks the Vatican gardens. Throughout the tour, you will admire the most beautiful Roman ancient statues, you will gasp at the length of the enormous Tapestry Hall, then through the Hall of the Painted Maps, you will enter the Sistine Chapel whose impact in history, religion and visual arts has no equal in the world!
All of this in a small and intimate group of maximum 10 people since we don’t want to make our clients feel uncomfortable in big groups.
At last, through a special door available only if accompanied by your tour guide, you will reach the largest Catholic church in the world: Saint Peter’s Basilica. Once you enter, the greatness of the structure and care of details will overwhelm you. This is where Michaelangelo’s sculpture “Pieta” is kept and the tombs of the popes including St. John Paul II’s and St. Peter the Apostle.
You will meet your tour guide in Viale Vaticano 100, in front of the coffee bar “Caffé Vaticano”. The tour guide will hold a sign with the name “Exploro Tours” written on it.
- Licensed Tour Guide
- Small group of 10 people or less
- Skip the line entrance tickets
- Audio headsets to hear your guide
- Optional gratuities
What You'll Do
- Skip the line to enter the Vatican museums
- Enjoy the view of St.Peter's dome and Vatican gardens from the panoramic terrace
- Walk through the highlights of the Vatican museums
- Admire some of the most famous ancient Greek-Roman sculptures
- Walk through the gallery of the beautiful Flemish tapestries
- Enter and gasp at the unique beauty of the Sistine Chapel
- Finally, enter the largest and arguably most beautiful Catholic church in the world: St. Peter's Basilica
- Tour ends at the official Vatican gift shop
What To Remember
- It is strongly recommended to all visitors to arrive at the meeting point at least 10 minutes before tour departure. Guests arriving after tour departure cannot be accommodated and missed tours cannot be refunded.
- Comfortable shoes and clothing are recommended since this tour involves a fair amount of walking.
- This tour is not wheelchair-accessible.
- Remember to bring with you a bottle of water.
- The tour operator is not responsible for last minute, unpredictable closures, strikes or union meetings. Nevertheless, the tour operator will be happy to offer customers an extended tour for the remaining time.
- The tour is free of charge for children under the age of 6.
- The Audio headsets will be provided only if there are minimum 8 people in the group.
- A dress code is required to enter places of worship and selected museums. No shorts or sleeveless tops allowed. Knees and shoulders MUST be covered for both men and women.