Vatican Museums & St. Peter’s With Hotel Pick-Up
This tour allows you to enjoy an infinite number of masterpieces like Michelangelo’s “Pietà” and “Last Judgment”, gorgeous works by Bernini, Raphael, Botticelli, Perugino and other treasures all incredibly united under the roof of the world renowned Vatican museums. The numerous popes that have lived in the Vatican, continuously enriched it with different art works but the unmissable ceiling of the Sistine Chapel and its sublime ‘Last Judgment” by Michelangelo, are surely the real attraction.
After the complimentary pick-up from your accommodation, one of our professional drivers will take you to the usually packed museum entrance, where, skipping the check-in line, you will enter the museums directly through a metal detector check. After security, the guide will take you to a panoramic terrace that offers a stunning view of Saint Peter’s dome overlooking the Vatican gardens.
In the museums, you will admire the most beautiful Roman statues, you will gasp at the length of the enormous Tapestry Hall, then, through the Hall of the Painted Maps, you will enter the Sistine Chapel whose impact in history, religion and visual arts has no equal in the world. All of this in a small and intimate group of maximum 10 people since we don’t want to make our clients feel uncomfortable in big groups.
At last, through a special door available only if accompanied by a licensed tour guide, you will reach the largest Catholic church in the world: Saint Peter’s Basilica. Once you enter, the greatness of the structure and care of details will overwhelm you. This is where Michaelangelo’s sculpture “Pieta” is kept and the tombs of the popes including St. John Paul II’s and St. Peter the Apostle.
At check-out, before your purchase is confirmed, you will be kindly asked to leave the written address of your accommodation or potential meeting point. This implies the name of the hotel, bed & breakfast or residence in which you will be staying as long as it is situated within the city centre. Such requirements are necessary for pick-up and private services only.
- Licensed Tour Guide
- Small group of 10 people or less
- Skip the line entrance tickets
- Audio headsets to hear your guide
- Pick-up transfer to Vatican in comfortable air conditioned vehicle
- Optional gratuities
- Transfer back to accommodation
What You'll Do
- Meet and greet with professional driver at your accommodation and drive to the Vatican museums
- Skip the line to enter the Vatican museums
- Enjoy the view of St.Peter's dome and Vatican gardens from the panoramic terrace
- Walk through the highlights of the Vatican museums
- Learn about some of the most popular ancient Greek-Roman sculptures
- Walk through the gallery of the beautiful Flemish tapestries
- Enter and gasp at the unique beauty of the Sistine Chapel
- Finally, enter the largest and arguably most beautiful Catholic church in the world: St. Peter's Basilica
- The tour guide will then take you to the official Vatican gift store and show you where to get transportation back
What To Remember
- Please allow 5-10 minutes of waiting time in case of traffic since other people will be joining the tour. Missed tours cannot be refunded.
- Comfortable shoes and clothing are recommended since this tour involves a fair amount of walking.
- This tour is not wheelchair-accessible.
- Remember to bring with you a bottle of water.
- The tour operator is not responsible for last minute, unpredictable closures, strikes or union meetings. Nevertheless, the tour operator will be happy to offer customers an extended tour for the remaining time.
- The tour is free of charge for children under the age of 6.
- The Audio headsets will be provided only if there are minimum 8 people in the group.
- A dress code is required to enter places of worship and selected museums. No shorts or sleeveless tops allowed. Knees and shoulders MUST be covered for both men and women.